I don’t know about you, but in my vision of a perfect breakfast, there is a plate of fluffy, larger-than-life pancakes, topped with fresh fruits and a bit of syrup!
On my quest for the ultimate, fluffiest, easy to make pancakes, I gathered information from several places and I think we are getting somewhere with the recipe below!
See for yourself, the picture is from my first try on this recipe. I had some leftover blueberries from another recipe (the Perfect Blueberry Muffins) that I decided to incorporate in the batter, and I was certainly not disappointed.
Fluffy Blueberry Pancakes
- 180 mL buttermilk
- 150g all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 100g fresh blueberries
- cooking spray
- Combine milk with vinegar in a medium bowl and set aside for 5 minutes to “sour”. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk egg and butter into “soured” milk. Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and stir until lumps are gone. Do not overmix the batter though, and stir it only for as little as required.
- Fold in the blueberries in a few strokes.
- Leave the batter to rest for 30 minutes. The batter will “foam” up, this is what we want, so do not stir it again! If you are in a hurry, you can also cook right away. Letting the batter to sit helps making fluffier pancakes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and coat with cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side.