Spring is here, and makes it easier than ever to eat the rainbow! In this recipe, we will prepare a colorful dish that can be eaten either as a side or on its own. The stuffing uses vegetarian “meat” and flavors that make it hard to tell the difference from a non-vegetarian meal.
- 4 bell peppers
- 350g rice
- 1L stock
- 200g vegetarian ground beef
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- salt, pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick pan. Add the onion and garlic and cook until tender and golden
- Add the vegetarian ground beef and cook on medium temperature for 5 minutes
- Add the rice and stock and cover the pan. Let simmer for 15 minutes, while stirring regularly
- In the meantime, cut the hat of each pepper, remove the seeds and the insides. Place the peppers on an oven plate
- After 15 minutes of cooking the rice, check the rice and add water if necessary. Cook until the rice is cooked and the water evaporated.
- Fill the hollow peppers the stuffing. Heat in the oven at 180°C for 10 minutes